The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Midterms One Week Away

Brynlee Gilliam
A photo displaying Ms. Lyell’s 7th period Algebra II classroom reviewing past chapters for the quarter exam.

Midterms are just around the corner, so students at Mooresville High School need to start preparing. These quarter exams take place on October 4-6. Students at Mooresville High School have to start studying for their classes, and if a teacher gives you a study guide, they need to fill it out. Freshmen might find quarter exams confusing, but not to worry, this article will give supply all the frequently asked questions about midterms.

How do midterms affect total grades?

86% of grades is classwork, but midterms are 14% and 7% for each quarter of the semester.

How can someone study for midterms?

A great website to utilize for studying is Quizlet. Another source to use is the study guides your teachers provide.

What classes are for each day?

Freshmen might wonder how they can study for the quarter exam, but hey should not worry, here is some advice from upperclassmen and teachers. 

“I recommend actually doing the material the teachers give you because it will always help in the end no matter how dumb it sounds,” junior Erica Alvarado said. 

“Try your best for the exam, do a lot of reviews, and if you are doing badly in a class make sure to talk to the teacher after class or school to get more help. Also make sure to not let midterms mess with your mental health because even if it is a quarter exam, it will be easy if you exercise your brain,” junior Shalom Adetula said.

“Take advantage of the tools teachers provide, study guides, come in early, stay after school, review/rewrite your notes to keep the information fresh in your mind,” Guidance Counselor Amy Colbert said.

“Do not be afraid to ask questions, if you don’t understand it the first time, ask questions so you will not be confused,” English teacher Kamille Jacobs said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.