The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Mooresville Food Drive

This is the update on the food drive. This lists the goals of each class and the pries of reaching these goals.
Kylie Sarkine

To help out those in need this Thanksgiving, Mooresville’s Student Council is hosting its annual food drive. From November 1 to November 17, Mooresville’s student body collects non-perishable products that will be donated to Churches in Mission.

Food as well as hygiene products are available for pints. Each donated can is a point for one’s grade level with cereal boxes earning five points. Freshmen will place their donations in Room A102 and sophomores will leave their donations in Room A100. Juniors will place their donations in room A115 and seniors will take them to room A112. Because the donations are divided by grade, each classroom has a separate counting for points.

For students questioning what may be in it for them, any grade level to win 500 points will receive a prize. For freshmen, the class officers will dye their eyebrows blue. For sophomores, Diesel Molin will publicly shave his head. For juniors, class officers will take a pie to their faces. Last but not least, if the Senior class reaches their goal of 500 points, Mr. Upton will take on a hot wing challenge. If this wasn’t enough to rally students, these events will require students to temporarily leave their classes.

Freshman Officer Jacey Bell, as the deadline approaches, encourages students to be more active in this event.

“We really need to step it up before we count on Friday,” Bell said.

The student body is counting on students to provide sufficient donations in the short two-week window. As of the last count, the sophomore class is the closest to reaching their goal with only 78 out of 500 points.

“I don’t think it’s going well. It feels like only two people have helped,” Guidance Counselor Michelle Lynn said. Fortunately, the food drive is not officially over, meaning there is still time for students to bump up those points. Students are also wanting us to participate and help the community.

“Make sure to bring in food, especially Fruity Pebbles. They’re the best,” sophomore Kya Champion said.

Every student is encouraged to donate anything to the cause. There is still another week to rack up those points and make Mooresville High School proud.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.