The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Key Club Chick-Fil-A Fundraiser

The Key Club Raises Money for Handicapable Camp
Cash Kidwell
The Key Club’s method of keeping track of funds they have raised.

The MHS Key Club does many service projects throughout the school year and hosts many fundraisers. This week, November 27 to December 1, the Key Club will be raising money for one of their many endeavors by selling Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwiches in partnership with the Chick-Fil-A Leadership Academy. This week students can buy a sandwich in advance for a $5 donation and they will receive it next Friday, December 5, at lunch.

All the funds from this sale are apart of bigger project with a goal of raising $5,000 dollars for the Key Club. The funds will go towards Handicapable Camp, which is one of Key Clubs biggest projects.

Handicapable Camp is a unique opportunity that Key Club participates in. It is an event where people with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities can come to participate in numerous activities. Every year the Key Club volunteers and participates as counselors for the campers. Along with this they donate money to help negate the cost for some of the campers and to fund the camp itself.

Although Key Club has been going to Handicapable Camp for awhile, this fundraiser of selling sandwiches is a new project for the club.

“This is a new fundraiser, I has several Key Club kids volunteer at Handicapable camp this year. They just fell in love with the campers and how the camp worked an wanted to do something to make an impact,” Key Club Advisor Alicia Richhart said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.