The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Some students are stocked up on energy drinks for the school week.
Energy Drinks
May 7, 2024
Prom Aftermath
Prom Aftermath
May 7, 2024
Allergies
Allergies
May 3, 2024
Songs of Summer
Songs of Summer
May 3, 2024

Prom Dresses

Fun and Unique Prom Dresses
Prom Dresses

With prom right around the corner, students are on the hunt for prom dresses and accessories. There are online shops to order prom dresses some ranging more expensive to more affordable. There are different styles, types, and colors of dresses. A popular dress design this year is long mermaid dresses and ball gown style dresses.

These stores include timeless dresses. Lucy in the sky , Windsor, and Hello Molly.

Junior Addy Keith ordered her dress online.

“I ordered from Berlinnova. I ordered a long sparkly corset purple dress. I chose to order online because its cheaper and finding a dress online is better for my schedule rather than going in person,” Keith said.

Many girls also get their prom dresses from Amazon. Another thing that many people do, is recycle their dresses. Some sell them to their friends or post them online. This is an affordable way to find a unique dress and it also helps the environment.  At Mooresville High School, there is a best buddies prom dress sale. This is an affordable and easy way to shop since all of the dresses are right here at school.

Junior Lucy Roberts is another student attending prom.

“Going local was a lot easier than going online due to the possibility of it being late,” Roberts said.

Several teachers work the prom and also put a lot of work into post prom as well. English Teacher Amanda Scamacca has a few ideas about dresses.

“Last minute, its hard to buy dresses. Thrift stores and second hand shops are going to be your best bet. I actually got mine from Hong Kong and it was only 200 dollars but the quality was amazing. In the end, just get creative,” Scamacca said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.