The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

2023 File Photo
Track's Annual Fundraiser
February 29, 2024
Quarter Exam
February 28, 2024
The Distinguished Wein.
The Distinguished Wein.
February 28, 2024
Mooresville 200 Events
Mooresville 200 Events
February 28, 2024
Orchestras Italian Fest
Orchestra's Italian Fest
February 28, 2024
Fun Nail Designs
Fun Nail Designs
February 28, 2024

Obituary: John Hoffman

Pettit Photo
Mr. John Hoffman

John Andrew Hoffman, age 59, of Indianapolis, Indiana passed away peacefully at his home on Sunday, January 21, 2024. John was born June 13, 1964 in Indianapolis to Hilfred “John” and Clara Hoffman. He graduated from Franklin Central High School in Indianapolis. He also graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the School of Humanities, Social Science, and Education and with a Bachelor of Science degree from the School of Management. He also had an MBA from the University of Indianapolis and a Master of Science in Education from Indiana University School of Education. He was also a Registered Nurse with the State of Indiana and had worked at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. He also worked at Indiana University’s Laboratory Animal Resource Center. He was currently working as a science teacher at Mooresville High School in Mooresville, Indiana.

It wasn’t until John found his job at Mooresville High School that he found his calling in life and his true love. John would spend countless hours talking about his students and how he enjoyed teaching them and seeing how sharing his knowledge of science made a real impact on them.

John was an avid reader of history and science. He enjoyed the older strategy computer games and would spend endless hours playing and taking copious notes so he would never fail. He had an immense passion for cats and would make sure his neighboring feral cats always had food and water.

John is survived by his father John Hoffman; siblings Cynthia “Cyndy” Wycoff, Pauline “Paula” (Dave) Oliverio, Steven Hoffman and Wayne Hoffman; and nephew Christopher Wycoff. John was preceded in passing by his mother Clara Agnes Hoffman and sibling John Francis Hoffman.

In lieu of flower, contribution of money or your time can be made in his name to IndyFeral.org or IndyNeighborhoodCats.org. He loved all animals so he would love it if his friends spent time in his memory with any organization which takes care of animals.

Services will be held privately. Services have been entrusted to Little & Sons Funeral Home – Beech Grove.

Updated January, 25, 2024

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.