The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Some students are stocked up on energy drinks for the school week.
Energy Drinks
May 7, 2024
Prom Aftermath
Prom Aftermath
May 7, 2024
Allergies
Allergies
May 3, 2024
Songs of Summer
Songs of Summer
May 3, 2024

Fun Nail Designs

A Few Places Around Town to Get Fun Nail Designs

Many people love to go get their nails done as a form of self care and as a confidence booster. There are many places in Mooresville and in surrounding cities that do nail services.

There are basic nail designs that have been popular for a while. This includes french tips, aura nails, almond style nails, and even the stiletto style. Acrylic style is very popular with kids highschoolers. One of those reasons being that a fill is affordable. Another cool and affordable kind of nail is a brand called Color Street.

Amy Colbert, Guidance counselor sells color street nail products.

“I recommend Color Street products for nail designs because they are a high quality, affordable option for nail art. They don’t damage your nails and you can mix and match them to come up with your own creative style. They are always sustainably sourced, not ever tested on animals and they are even gluten free,” Colbert said.

“Color Street is 100% nail polish, with only 6% of the solvents used in liquid polish. These are water and air permeable so they let your nail breathe. No dangerous UV lights are needed to cure them. They offer a buy 3 get 1 free, so they end up costing about 10 dollars a pack,” Colbert said.

Acrylics let you experiment with different shapes and sizes. These are also long lasting. When it comes to other kinds, there is also a dip polish that is just several powder coats. This is a lot less damaging to nails because instead of adding fake nails on top of the nails, it is just your own nail. Although this is a more expensive alternative, it is better when it comes to nail health.

“I go to B and T nails and I get acrylics in almond shape. I usually either get french tips or a solid color,” junior Ella Davis said.

Some are worried about damage to nails but when it comes to acrylics, as long as the right tools are put to use when removing them, like acetone, they are less likely to become damaged. Few students also do their own nails at home with their own acrylic sets or even by their own faux nails.

“I prefer to go to Angel Nails in Mooresville. I always get acrylics in almond shape. It normally depends on what color or style I get,” junior Peyton Almon said.

In Mooresville, there are a few places that offer nails. This includes, Emma’s Spa & Nails, VIP Nails Camby, and Angel Nails.  These places are affordable and have good google ratings as well. Many of the salons in town and surrounding towns are small family ran businesses and they appreciate the support.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.