The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Some students are stocked up on energy drinks for the school week.
Energy Drinks
May 7, 2024
Prom Aftermath
Prom Aftermath
May 7, 2024
Allergies
Allergies
May 3, 2024
Songs of Summer
Songs of Summer
May 3, 2024

Prom Alternatives

Prom+Alternatives

As the year ends, Juniors and Seniors are excited for this year’s masquerade themed Prom. Prom is on April 27 at the Indianapolis Zoo. Some students find it more difficult to find the time in their schedule, the extra money available, and rides for prom. That’s perfectly normal. But for the people who aren’t going, here are some things students can still do on Prom Night.

Links for Prom Alternatives 

Everybody has to make the decision that is right for themselves. Each individual needs to know what their personality is. If they aren’t a people person, don’t like loud music, or just don’t/can’t attend then they aren’t expected to go. Indy has so much to do downtown, such as they can go to the zoo during the day, art museums, and Sky Zone. Some people just go out to eat, sometimes Indian’s games, and other alternate activities. Games are inexpensive, Bring your own food.

Students who aren’t planning on attending Prom may still attend come to Post Prom. Post Prom costs $5  for a ticket, and starts at midnight and lasts until 2 a.m.  Previous students agree this was very fun last year, there’s games and prizes and food. Everything is happy.

Junior Kelsee Snyder will not be going to prom this year.

“Yeah I’m not really planning on doing anything spectacular for prom, so I’m just going to kickback with family and go out with my man to dinner,” Snyder said.

Some people save money without going to prom. They do a dinner at one of the parents’ houses and their parents will chip in and make a nice meal so students don’t have to pay for parking or a restaurant, and don’t have to pay extra for a tip. Some people go to King’s Island for the day and rather do that.

Senior Miranda Brooks is not attending prom either. 

“My plans are to work and go out to dinner with my girlfriend, sister, mom, aunt, and grandma,” Brooks said. 

Spanish teacher Tamara Mills is the junior class sponsor for prom. She shares her thoughts on students who aren’t going to prom. 

“My youngest son just went and hung out with friends instead of going to Junior prom. He knew he wouldn’t have much fun if he went. He wound up having lots of fun,” Mills said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.