The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

1000 Points for Rachel Harshman

Photo file submitted by Rachel Harshman, photo taken by Jaden White.

Playing basketball during one’s entire life can turn into something more than a hobby, but possibly into a career. With the 1000 Points Club having a low percentage of achieving, it is such a big goal to reach, especially in high school.

The 1000 Point Club is when 1,000 points are scored in your high school career. Rachel Harshman entered the 1000 Points Club at the beginning of her senior year. Reaching this mark is very difficult, with Rachel being the eighth person to reach this goal in Mooresville.

“I got to the 1000 Points Club at North View, the season’s first game. It is cool that I got to that mark, it has been my goal since I found out what the 1000 Point Club even was so it is super special to be a part of history here that will live on even when I have graduated. After high school, I am playing at the University of St. Francis and after I am planning on playing pro in Europe for a few years,” Harshman said.

With Harshman being a part of Mooresville High School history, she can leave her mark here after graduation. She achieved a massive goal for many basketball players in High School and can help encourage her teammates to follow in her footsteps.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.