The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

2023 File Photo
Track's Annual Fundraiser
February 29, 2024
Quarter Exam
February 28, 2024
The Distinguished Wein.
The Distinguished Wein.
February 28, 2024
Mooresville 200 Events
Mooresville 200 Events
February 28, 2024
Orchestras Italian Fest
Orchestra's Italian Fest
February 28, 2024
Fun Nail Designs
Fun Nail Designs
February 28, 2024

Read a Book Rate a Book

Looking for something to do with extra time? Reading is a calm and interesting hobby that can kill time and provide something to think about later. The Mooresville Public Library is participating in the Young Adult Read a Book Rate a Book, an event where Young Adult novels are nominated and readers can rate books based on how much they enjoyed them. The nominees have a slip of paper inside of them containing a scannable code sending the reader to a link allowing you to rate the book.

The official name of the program is ‘Young Adult Favorites.’ It is a national reading program organized by the nonprofit Children’s Book Council. Teens across the country will read and vote for their favorite new books during fall, and their top picks – the Young Adult Favorites Awards – will become a free resource for teachers, librarians, and booksellers nationwide in 2024! Teachers and librarians will also make their picks. Mooresville Public Library was selected to receive over 200 YA (grades 9-12) books including fiction, non-fiction, and graphic novels. School libraries and public libraries across the nation were selected. The program also includes books for younger grades, but Mooresville Public Library was only selected for the 9-12 grade books,” Librarian Megan Edwards said.  

The contest is a great way for students and young adults to discover new authors and genres. There is a group of these books showcased in the VLC available to students to read.

“The books available in the VLC are only a small section of the whole. The best of the books are at Mooresville Public Library, right outside the YAZ (teen room),” Edwards said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.