The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Wrestling Holiday Classic

Brynlee Gilliam
This photo displays Tommy Spikler winning his match.

This year’s annual wrestling Holiday Classic will be hosted by Mooresville High School. Wrestlers from different schools will come to Mooresville High School over winter break for wrestling for two days. Tickets are sold here.

Wrestling Coach, Daniel Mikesell, is excited to see his wrestlers compete in this year’s Holiday Classic.

“Admission is $8 per day or spectators can buy a two-day pass for $14. Carmel is the returning team champion, but there will be several schools in attendance that are ranked or have ranked wrestlers on their teams. It is a 32-person individual tournament, so Mooresville wrestlers will be wrestling all day on the first day. If wrestlers win, they advance to the second day, hopefully, Mooresville has several guys competing on the second day as well. The girl’s wrestling will be on December 22nd this year. Usually, the girl’s wrestling would be on the second day of Holiday Classic, but that day is the girl’s regional,” Mikesell said.

Senior Griffin Sanders has been a wrestler fanatic since he was in third grade.

“I am most excited to go against Carmel. They have got a solid wrestler in my weight and I think it will be an entertaining match. I have been wrestling since around the third grade but did not take it too seriously until my sophomore year. Wrestling is my biggest passion but I am not too sure if I will go to college for it or not yet. The Holiday Classic is a tough two-day tournament full of solid competition. It is tough wrestling so many matches in a short period, especially against good wrestlers. The tournament is a good checkpoint around the middle of the season to see where you are at and how you are stacking up against some of the toughest wrestlers in the state,” Sanders said.

Junior Josh Cambron has been wrestling for five years.

“I am excited to wrestle Plainfield,” Cambron said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.