The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Academic Teams Get Ready to Compete

An Insight on the Hard Work Behind the Teams
Mikayla Sieczko

Mooresville High School has five subjects of Academic Teams. The Math, English, History, Fine Arts, and Science Academic Teams compete with other schools in Indiana to compare their strengths throughout the state. These teams range in size, but they’re all working equally hard to reach a successful outcome. Each team is given topics to study or research that will be covered in the competition.

“For math, the key isn’t how much you already know, it’s how willing you are to dedicate your time and truly try to understand these complex topics,” Sophomore Connor O’Hanlon said.

He is one of the four math academic team members, coached by teacher Sara Brown.

“In history academic team, we study history while trying to make it a lot more fun than just a normal history class,” Sophomore Livi Butler said.

Most people may feel that academic teams are just extra work; however, this comes with team bonding and competitions.

“We do the research with what they give us, they give us practice materials so we do the research. Everyone has their own specialty, so when we get to the table, we can rely on people for their specific specialty,” Math Academic Coach Sarah Brown said.

Math Academic members are given topics to review and learn in order to compete successfully.

The teams meet before or after school to study the materials. Some teams are given books to read in order to understand the topics better.

For more information on the materials, visit : https://iasp.org/students/academic-super-bowl/

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.