The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

MHS Top 20

Seniors with the Highest GPAs

Between extracurriculars and social life, it may be difficult to maintain a high GPA; however, some kids manage to balance it all. Lots of Seniors work hard to achieve a high class rank, but only 20 can make it. Having a good class rank and GPA can assist in appealing to colleges and getting academic scholarships. With AP and Dual credit courses, one can get a grade point average above four.

“I always try to manage my time well and finish important assignments early rather than putting them off. This allows me more time to focus on my sports and friends. It helps that many of my friends are on the same sports teams as me so practices feel like a fun break from all the stress that school can cause,” Senior Brooke Wilson said. She manages to do Cross country and track along with achieving an impressive GPA.

“The most difficult part is whenever I have games and practices for sports and am limited on time for homework and studying,” Senior Sydney Hardy said. She participates in Varsity basketball, track, and cross country.

“We have a banquet where the students are allowed to invite two teachers. At the banquet, they speak and get a plaque and have a nice dinner. Parents and guardians are also invited,” Administrative Assistant Lori Smith said.

While balancing sports and everyday challenges, these students work hard to succeed. Class Rank and Grade Point average can be found in Skyward.

Steps to finding a class rank and GPA:

1. Log Into Skyward using username and password.
  2. Navigate to the sidebar on the left and click “Gradebook”
  3. Locate the option above the grade display which should read “Class rank/ GPA”
  4. This should show a GPA and class rank along with the date of the last update.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.