The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Some students are stocked up on energy drinks for the school week.
Energy Drinks
May 7, 2024
Prom Aftermath
Prom Aftermath
May 7, 2024
Allergies
Allergies
May 3, 2024
Songs of Summer
Songs of Summer
May 3, 2024

Track’s Annual Fundraiser

Racing to Fundraise
Libby Young
2023 File Photo

As of Monday, February 26

Track is one of the most popular Spring sports at Mooresville High School because of its wide variety of team-based and individual events; furthermore, it’s a co-ed sport. All the members start the season off by raising money to help support their team and buying any new equipment that is needed for the upcoming seasons. Fundraising is a large part of most, if not all, sports that allows the teams to enhance their training ability, performance, equipment, and uniforms.

This year Matthew Bosworth, Elizabeth Burke, Mark Burry, Brandon Mikesell, Aaron Milauskas, Bram Wood, and many more helped put together the fundraiser for track. This year they used a fundraising company called Adrenaline Fundraising, which is an app where the team members can create a place for people to donate or purchase cookie dough.

“Through the app [the team members] can send out messages to their family or friends that has a link and then those people can donate money directly to the team, or they can choose to buy cookie dough through the link,” Milauskas said.

Sophomore Kennedee Miles is in the top five for the track fundraiser. She has raised 925 dollars so far with her end goal not far away at 1,000 dollars.

“The day we found out about the fundraiser, I sent out a bunch of text messages to my friends and family, and then preceded with phone calls,” Miles said.

Sophomore Isabella Pearman has been a member of the tack team for four years. Pearman has grown to love throwing and enjoys learning new ways to improve her skill and learn from others around her.

“For throwers, we are looking to buy a new shed to store our equipment, and possibly new uniforms with the donations we receive from the fundraiser,” Pearman said.

If someone would like to donate, contact any member of the track team.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.