The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Some students are stocked up on energy drinks for the school week.
Energy Drinks
May 7, 2024
Prom Aftermath
Prom Aftermath
May 7, 2024
Allergies
Allergies
May 3, 2024
Songs of Summer
Songs of Summer
May 3, 2024

Mooresvillian of the Year

Alicia Richhart Honored for her Work
Richhart and her club members after winning the award.
Susan Haynes

Every year the city of Mooresville chooses someone in the community to honor with an award naming them “Mooresvillian of the the Year”. This year the Chamber of Commerce chose MHS Spanish Teacher and Key Club Sponsor Alicia Richhart for the title this year. Richhart was given the award at the Annual Dinner Chamber of Commerce meeting while surrounded by members of her club.

“The environment when she won was that everybody was excited for her and not really expecting it. Once they started talking about her we kind of knew she was going to win it, and she was just so grateful,” junior Peyton Almon said.

Richhart has won a number of other awards for her service work through Key Club and the Chick-Fil-A leadership academy. She works closely with veterans and local charities to host events or outings for club members to get involved in community service. Some of these awards she has received for this work include MHS Teacher of the Year, VFW Post 1111 Teacher of the Year, and Kiwanian of the Year.

“I am so grateful and honored. I appreciate that the community supports Key Club and all of their service activities,” Richhart said.

On top of being a great club sponsor Richhart is an amazing teacher who takes interest in each of her students. She incorporates fun ways of teaching to keep students engaged and quips back and forth with her students.

Some of Richhart’s club members were told ahead of time that she was getting this award way ahead of time by her mother.

“Her mom told a small group of kids that she nominated Mrs. Richhart for it, and we were all super excited for her. I feel as she deserves Mooresvillian of the year with all her hard work. She is always lifting the community up, and trying to be involved as she can be,” junior Lilly McNew said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.