The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Some students are stocked up on energy drinks for the school week.
Energy Drinks
May 7, 2024
Prom Aftermath
Prom Aftermath
May 7, 2024
Allergies
Allergies
May 3, 2024
Songs of Summer
Songs of Summer
May 3, 2024

Stroll Down Memory Lane

MHS Seniors Visit Their Elementary Schools

This school year has been chock full of new traditions for the 2024 seniors. This growing list of traditions includes senior ambassadors, senior assassins, and now the elementary school walk. This walk through gives seniors the opportunity to relive memories of their childhood for the last time.

“I think it’s really cool to be able to see it one last time,” senior Sophia Lehr said.

The idea for this new tradition was presented to the MHS administration by the elementary school principals and they thought it was a great opportunity. Some other districts in the area do this walk-through, which is what inspired Mooresville to follow suit. Not only is this an amazing opportunity for seniors, but it is also beneficial to the elementary kids.

“It is a really neat opportunity for our elementary students to see where they can be in the future,” MHS Principal Wes Upton said.

These visits to the schools will be on May 21 or 22, depending on which elementary school the seniors will be visiting.  Those visiting Neil Armstrong, North Madison, or Northwood will do so on May 21 at 9 a.m.. Waverly’s walk-through is also the 21 but begins at 9:30 a.m. Newby is the only school hosting their event on May 22 and it will begin at 9:30 a.m. Seniors are expected to provide their own transportation to and from the elementary schools.

“It’s super fun to be able to go back to where it all started and be the ‘big kids’ that the little us used to look up to,” senior Rachel Harshman said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.