The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Summer School

Students Obtain Academic Help
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam

Mooresville High School allows students to have more of a chance to pass their grade by offering summer school or to get credit/classes to get ahead. Students can either choose to be online or come to school from 8 A.M.-12 P.M.. More announcements on summer school is located on skyward. To participate in summer school, students need to pay $25 per class. If students have any more questions about summer school, the school counselors are available to help.

A lot of juniors going on seniors are taking government and economics over the summer so they have more of a selection for their classes next school year.

Junior Emily Dean is taking summer school this year.

“I’m doing government and economy over the summer to get the credit. It’s more convenient over the summer so I won’t be overwhelmed by English honors and pre calculus,” Dean said.

Counselor Amy Colbert is helping students figure out how summer school works and the benefits.

“Primarily our summer school is designed for our students who have either not passed a class or haven’t earned the C that they need for their honors diploma and need to retake it. Taking summer school is so much quicker because it only takes students four weeks to get the credit while in school it usually takes 18 weeks for a credit,” Colbert said.

Sophomore Samantha Isenberg is taking summer school this year to help herself out for her junior year.

“I don’t want to take Spanish over the school year because I don’t have room in my schedule. I want to take a study hall period because I’m going to be getting a job my junior year. I need a study hall to get my work done so I won’t be overwhelmed with my job and schoolwork. Summer school would help me tremendously to get a job,” Isenberg.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.