The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Chloe Fox Profile

Fox Takes on Modeling
Photo File Submitted by Chloe Fox. Taken by Ford Models.

Modeling is one of the most exclusive industries out there. Many try to get into big cities with big cameras, but not many succeed. Mooresville Senior Chloe Fox is one of the few that made it through. She models for two different locations, one in Chicago and the other in Los Angeles. The New York location was interested in hiring her, but she was not able to make it to that specific booking. She plans on rescheduling sometime with them.

Fox got into the whole industry from her mother’s previous knowledge of modeling, from when she was younger. Fox’s mother enjoys riding along with each gig. The beginning was just getting accepted by a good agency, Ford Models, then it progressed from there. One exciting note about her acceptance was that it actually happened on her birthday. There have been overall amazing reviews from her peers which has been super rewarding for Fox.

“I absolutely love that all my friends and acquaintances love me being a model just as much as I do. Their support really does mean the world to me,” Fox said.

With her busy schedule, traveling by plane or just driving to places is a must. Luckily for her, each trip out is all expenses paid. This helps with the financial weight that many have to suffer when first getting into modeling. She usually drives up to Chicago during the day and takes a day trip, but when it comes to places like Los Angeles it becomes a whole week affair.

One thing that makes modeling for Fox easier is her work ethic. Some might fall behind because of all of the days missed, but Fox still keeps up with the workload. Since she’s still in high school it can make it a little more difficult to make it out to each gig, but she sure tries and MHS Staff are very good at assisting her where it is necessary.

“Fortunately for me, Mooresville is very supportive of me taking off days from school to model, and I really appreciate that, ” Fox said.

Fashion modeling is Fox’s specific field. Currently she is doing two different types of modeling, fashion merchandising for a brand and clothing modeling for events. She gets picked by a specific brand to model and then it’s showtime. Her agent gets contacted by Ford Models and then gets chosen for the job. There’s a set number of shoots a model can have a month, so that puts some limit on opportunities. Fox goes about three days per month, trying to keep the times out of school per semester under 15.

What does a person bring to a shoot? Fox brings a duffel bag of clothes and makeup with her. Sometimes the photographers will want her to come with a clean face, while other shoots she has to come with glamorous makeup on.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.