The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Wagon Trails Follow Up

Dr. Wright
Mooresville Spotlighters showcase their musical talenn

Wagon Trails Revue is an event for: Mooresville Touchdown Band, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra, Millennium, Madrigals, Sensations, Nexus, Finesse, Spotlighters, and Student Media staff to perform in front of family and friends. This year’s Wagon Trails Revue was Harry Potter themed to convince the audience to buy yearbooks now while they are on sale. With this many students performing, they might have some extra words to say to the audience that watched them.

Junior Ethan Grimes has been a show choir student since 2020.

“During the performance on Saturday, I felt much better because I had more time to prepare. During the show, I felt amazing because I love show choir. After I was so happy because I felt that everyone had the energy and now, I’m sad because we won’t go back until January,” Grimes said.

Junior Vivian Lahey has been in the high school choir since 2020 but has been in the choir since she was in fourth grade.

“Before the solo, I was nervous that I would mess up. Afterward, it felt amazing to sing ‘Wondering’ in front of an audience finally,” Lahey said.

Junior Gracie Holcomb has been in choir for seven years.

“Before my solo, I was so nervous I felt like I was going to get sick! I had never gotten up on stage before and sang an entire song that I had worked on for weeks. But I reminded myself that I was good enough and picked for a reason! After my solo, I would feel very light and I think it was just from all the adrenaline rush and the last couple of notes of the song take a lot of breath. The song is called ‘In My Dreams’ from Anastasia the musical,” Holcomb said.

Senior Deven Jines (DJ) has been in the choir for four years.

“During the performance with Hannah, I did not feel much, I had sang the song ‘Lovely’ just as I had done it 100 times before. It was not until we were finished that I understood the art we had created,” Jines said.

Ada Clark is the Mooresville High School yearbook adviser.

“Wagon Trails is acutely called Wagon Trail Revue. Revue is a variety of shows. It started 52 years ago when the yearbook adviser got a bill for the yearbook that he could not pay, so they decided to make a variety show that they named Wagon Trails Revue. It is a huge a huge fall tradition for Mooresville Schools and over the years it has grown into what we have now. The performance art groups join our show and the yearbook staff members are the host,” Clark said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.