The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

How MHS Students Commemorate Thanksgiving

What Are MHS Clubs Doing to Commemorate Thanksgiving?
Brynlee Gilliam
Earth club prepares for their feast.

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, students are preparing for activities to partake in. Clubs are preparing parties and club get-togethers for the students. Some would call it “Friendsgiving.”

Best Buddies celebrated this Thanksgiving with a Friendsgiving. The whole club participated in this coming together. The event took place on November 20 in the Cafeteria. Everyone brought a dish, hung out, and had plenty of fun. The main goal of the night is to show support and be thankful for the club.

“There’s always something to be thankful for, and I’m extra thankful for my Best Buddies,” Bell said.

Earth Club hosted a Friendsgiving as well. The students in Mrs. Burger’s brought in Thanksgiving food, whilst they made sure to incorporate foods that are environmentally friendly. Some kids went to local farms or local stores to get their ingredients, which in doing so, reduces the carbon footprint. The ingredients don’t have to travel as far to the stores, reducing the burn of fossil fuels. Celebrating Thanksgiving this way helps to support the local economy and emits less carbon into the atmosphere. The event took place on on November 16 after school in Mrs. Dickerson’s room.

“I would like to encourage as many kids to buy local as possible, to help out earth,” Burger said.

Junior Ella Davis, says during the Earth Club Friends-giving, she was able to learn even more about sustainability and how to be more  conscious with her choices of food. She made vegan mac and cheese that used plant based  milk and other ingredients.

“I get to know my fellow Earth Club members even more and have a great time!” Davis said.

The Key club celebrated by working with a local coffee shop to deliver thanksgiving meals to those in need in the area. This took place on November 18.  They also worked at a food pantry in Indianapolis that weekend. They have been contributing their time to help support the locals that are in dire need of food.

This year’s Thanksgiving is all about showing support and giving back to the less fortunate. Remember to be thankful to those who have given everything to support the livelihood of their loved ones, and to show that love with others.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.