The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Thanksgiving Traditions

Photo+of+junior+Peyton+Almond+Burger+cooking+Thanksgiving+food.+
Photo of junior Peyton Almond Burger cooking Thanksgiving food.

Thanksgiving was last week on November 23. Most families have different family traditions, usually at grandparents, uncle, or their own house. Here is a variety of what different people did for Thanksgiving 2023. Some of America’s popular traditions are breaking the wishbone, running a turkey trot, watching football games, etc. Here shows different students who have their unique family traditions for Thanksgiving.

Sophomore Garrett Elder celebrated this year’s Thanksgiving on Saturday with his family.

“I went to my grandparents’ house on Saturday and we had dinner with most of my family. My favorite thing that happened was that I got to play Wii with my brother,” Elder said.

Junior Addy Keith celebrated this year’s Thanksgiving mostly with her mom.

“I went to my mom’s boyfriend’s house and ate there, I loved cooking with my mom. My family’s tradition for Thanksgiving is a cold ham,” Keith said.

Junior Emily Dean spent time with all of her family at her grandma’s house.

“I had homemade noodles and they were the best noodles ever. Our family’s tradition for Thanksgiving is to eat until you physically cannot anymore,” Dean said.

Social Studies teacher Daniel Mikesell and his wife Laura Mikesell went hunting.

“Over Thanksgiving Laura Mikesell and I took our dogs on a five-day pheasant hunt in Washington, IN. On Thanksgiving day we hunted in the morning until we got our limit and then found a local restaurant that was open and serving a Thanksgiving dinner. This was our second year participating in this hunt and we plan to make it our tradition. My family celebrates Thanksgiving and Christmas together in December and we have a non-traditional Thanksgiving in which we pick a theme dress up for that theme and eat food that relates to the theme. Last year was Nantucket and we all dressed up and had crab, shrimp, and lobster. This year is the year you were born, since I was born in the 70s I’ll be wearing disco clothes and we are making Tuna Casserole since that was a popular thing to eat in the 70s. We’ve had several fun themes throughout the past several years,” Mikesell said.

Media Specialist Barbra Goddard spent the Thanksgiving break with her daughters and sister.

“For Thanksgiving with my family, our tradition is my daughters coming over. They came for Thanksgiving dinner on Friday night though. We do the. normal Thanksgiving meals like turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. My favorite thing that happened during Thanksgiving was seeing three bald eagles with my sister, I got to see them fly around and chatter to each other,” Goddard said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.