The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

2023 File Photo
Track's Annual Fundraiser
February 29, 2024
Quarter Exam
February 28, 2024
The Distinguished Wein.
The Distinguished Wein.
February 28, 2024
Mooresville 200 Events
Mooresville 200 Events
February 28, 2024
Orchestras Italian Fest
Orchestra's Italian Fest
February 28, 2024
Fun Nail Designs
Fun Nail Designs
February 28, 2024

D&D Meet Up

Brynlee Gilliam
This photo displays Dylan Ciasto and Owen Grimes playing DND with their group.

Dungeons and Dragons is a board game that most individuals are not knowledgeable about. For those who do not know much about D&D, it is a role-playing game where a person creates a fantasy world while other people make characters up that they pretend to be. Then they run around doing missions and quests, killing monsters, being killed by monsters, betraying each other, etc. D&D is not a set board game, so the abilities in this game are unlimited. The DM (Dungeon Master) gets to decide what happens and they get to create any story or scenario desired.

Senior Kaitlyn Hause has been engaging in the Dungeons and Dragons club for a year.

“D&D is a role-playing game so you can vary from paladins to a sorcerer, warlocks, druids, and fighters. You can also vary on races of elves, humans, demons, dragons, and half-demons. What you choose can vary per person on what race and what role while playing. The DM normally goes off of a huge guidebook so they know the rules,” Hause said.

Senior Henry Reinman has been enjoying playing Dungeons and Dragons for three years.

“When I play D&D, I look forward to the time to sit down with a group of friends to play a game we all like. When I play, my favorite character to choose is Paladin,” Reinman said.

Curtis Mitchel has been playing D&D since 2019.

“D&D club started in the fall of 2019 after a group of students approached me about being the club sponsor. Before this club, I had never played D&D. I had heard about it, but never seen anyone play it. I do enjoy playing it outside of the club, but very seldom get the chance to. My favorite character is a barbarian gnome as I find the idea of a gnome running around with a giant battle ax funny,” Mitchel said. 

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.