The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Prom Aftermath

Prom+Aftermath
Avery Boes

Last Saturday, hundreds of kids attended prom. The music was loud, and the lighting was ethereal. Many came in beautiful gowns, spruce suits, and had their hair done. It was a night to remember for all seniors and juniors. The dance was held at the Indianapolis Zoo with an assortment of catered foods from the Zoo’s own catering service. The theme was inspired from Phantom of the Opera and they were going for a dark and moody setting.

Spanish teacher Tamara Mills  in charge of prom, wanted a completely different feel from last year’s fairy tale theme.  So  she and the committee decided upon masquerade and Midnight Rendezvous. All of the centerpieces and the black wrought iron with purple stands were all hand crafted by Mrs. Mills, then with some help on the night of prom when the wind destroyed some vases.  Some things were swapped around at the last minute and the bus driver who drove Mill’s helpers and her there took an idea she had expanded on it to redo their centerpieces.

The masks were bought from Amazon and varied through five different masks. She ordered enough for everyone to have one and if anyone still wants one then they can come get one.

“I love coming up with theme ideas and doing the decor.  I was happy to have a Photo Booth this year and will include it for next year as well,” Mills said.

Junior Gabby Paul went with her friends and they took photos at the park and then ate at Squealers after.

“Prom was very fun and exciting. I wasn’t disappointed. My favorite thing about prom was everyone’s attire. Everyone looked great,” Paul said. 

Junior Haily Rhea went with a big group of friends and ate at Johnny Carino’s. 

“Prom was fun. I went with a group of friends. We had taken photos before at Sodolias park,” Rhea said. 

Senior Mady Law hung out with her boyfriend and friends and shared this was definitely the best part. They went to Hummel park for pics and had dinner at Texas Roadhouse after.

“Prom was really fun. It was way better than last year. I’m so glad it didn’t rain and was warm,” Law said.

In the end, Lyndsay Boswell  was pronounced prom queen and Denton Jacobs was crowned prom king.  For photos taken by Mrs Patel, visit link.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.