The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Inaugural Pickle ball Club for MHS!

Mooresville High School now has it’s very first official Pickle Ball team!
    Kade Fisher
    Inaugural pickle ball club poster to advertise for anyone and everyone to come out for Pickle ball

The first official meeting was on Friday, September 1, 2023 with a good amount of people showing up in attendance. The Pickleball club is also not set to one gender like golf or tennis, but with the Pickleball club, both genders are playing on the same team no matter the experience.

“We’ve got some good contenders for our club and I think it’ll be a good and fun experience for these kids and for us.” Coach Blevins said.

Pickleball isn’t necessarily a sport, but rather a club and just going out and playing for fun. Seniors Brook Wilson and Sydney Hardy were in attendance at the first meeting for the club and enjoyed it thoroughly.

“It’s a great club for anyone to come out who enjoys playing pickleball but they just want to play some friendly games with other people in this school,” Hardy said.

The next meeting for the pickleball club is Friday, September 29, 2023, 3:15 PM, with many students coming out or wanting to come out from the last one!

“It doesn’t even matter the experience level you can be really good or never have even played before, we just want you to come out and play some Pickleball,” Wilson said.

Coach Blevins encourages anybody, no matter the experience level or if a boy or a girl wants to come out, just to help practice your pickleball skills and have some fun playing pickleball with other students!

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.