The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Best Buddies Friendship Walk

The Spread of Inclusion Begins
    Photo taken by a parent of Best Buddy member

Crowds cheering, everyone awaiting for the walk to spread inclusion. The crowd is loud, and everyone is dancing to music and engaging in activities. On April 21, 2024, Mooresville’s Best Buddies participated in the Friendship Walk. The Friendship Walk is the top walk in the country that supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This years Friendship Walk was held at the White River State Park in the Celebration Plaza.

Melissa Bell is the adviser of Best Buddies.

“The Friendship Walk is sponsored by Best Buddies of Indiana that invites all high school chapters of Best Buddies and their friend and family to come out and hang. There are bounce houses, tents, food, music and all kinds of fun events. Then we walk a mile and a half just to pledge our dedication to inclusion,” Bell said.

Sophomore Addison Philips was very excited to engage in the friendship walk.

“We had fun, my favorite part was walking, and the bridge was fun” Philips said.

Freshman Oryain Rojas was quite intrigued with the activities the friendship walk offered.

“The music was the best part, Firework from Katy Perry and the cupid shuffle,” Rojas said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.