The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Coach Casey Returns

Offensive Coordinator for Mooresville Comes Back
    Sidney Stultz

The Offensive coordinator Casey Gillin is returning to the Mooresville Football Program. With last year almost making it to Semi-State losing to New Palestine in Regionals, this year they plan on bringing him back.

“I think for us with me coming back and the staff that is already here a lot of these players already know our system. I think we are going to be efficient on offense, we will get shots by hitting big plays when we get a chance, but overall just having fun with these guys. Expectation wise I think we will just take one game at a time, one practice at a time up until we get into Fall. Signals are coming back. We are going to get that going move a little fast, go medium, or slow, whatever it takes,” Casey Gillin said.

All of the junior athletes that are going into the senior class next year are excited to have him back. Junior Tyler Rakestraw had a lot of good things to say about the next season with Casey Gillin coming back.

“Im just really excited he came back because that is just going to be a big part for our senior class because our signals are coming back and we will get more plays,” Rakestraw said.

Not only are next year seniors excited about Casey Gillin coming back, but the next year juniors are excited to to see him as well. Sophomore Tyler Denny had great regards to him returning to Mooresville.

“I feel like with him coming back we will be open to more plays and having the connection between Casey and Gillin will help us a lot more with play calling,” Denny said.

With the end of the 2023 season, the players can’t wait to see what Casey Gillin has in store for them next season.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.