The Student News Site of Mooresville High School

The Pulse

The Pulse

The Pulse

Energy was high at the Tim McGraw concert this April.
Summer Concerts
May 17, 2024
Last Day of School
Last Day of School
May 17, 2024
Photo illustration by Brynlee Gilliam
Summer School
May 16, 2024
Graduation Details
Graduation Details
May 15, 2024
Summer Vacations
Summer Vacations
May 15, 2024

Fourth Quarter Events

Sophia Steinkamp

As the end of the year approaches, extracurricular groups begin to prepare for their biggest events of the year. Spring sports like baseball, softball, and tennis train for upcoming games of the season while choirs, band, and orchestra groups practice for future concerts and competitions. Choirs get ready for spring concerts.

“Some big events coming up are the ISSMA state contest and Spring Spectacular in May. I’m very proud of Nexus and how far we’ve come with our concert choir songs. We’ve been improving every day and I can’t wait so see how we do,” sophomore Connor O’Hanlon said.

Choir, along with band and orchestra, compete at Monrovia on April 13. They work endlessly to perfect their performance to place well.

Another group coming towards a busy end of the season is the track team.

“I’m excited for the blue and gold relays, because there’s gonna be a DJ and I’m preparing by consistently running every day,” sophomore Lily O’Brien said.

Until temperatures rise, track meets are typically held indoors. Some events in track include throwing, jumping, distance running, and sprints. Like track, baseball, softball, and tennis move practices inside when the weather is not ideal. Usually, these moved practices are held in the practice facility.

“We are working on being better athletes but also we’re focusing on becoming better people on and off the track. We’re talking about team values and goals we have as individuals. We’ve been hitting a lot of PRs pretty consistently,” teacher Elizabeth Burke said.

Donate to The Pulse

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mooresville High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.